StarsDraft Review (formerly Victiv)
Launched in September of 2014, Texas-based Victiv is a newcomer into the daily fantasy sports arena. The site was founded by Stephen Giles, a former technology executive at EA and SonyOnline, alongside Matthew Primeaux, a seasoned veteran of the online poker industry, and Earl Mitchell, a former Wolfram Alpha executive with a deep understanding of mathematics and analytics.
Victiv has already received attention from investors, who pitched in $700k last March, then added $2 million more four months later. In its short time online, the startup has set itself apart from the competition with innovative features, including a Bitcoin deposit option. In an interview last year, Primeaux revealed that he had watched the cryptocurrency for years and had always planned to implement it into the site.
Game Options and Payout Structures
Victiv users can currently bet on NBA, PGA, NFL and NHL games. Game formats include:
- Guarantee Prize Pools: GPPs are events in which players buy-in for a relatively small sum in the hopes of winning a piece of a large guaranteed prize.
- Standard: these contests begin when a specific number of players have joined. Top finishers receive predetermined payouts which depend on the amount of the buy-in.
- Victron: this innovative feature will automatically put together a roster based on your chosen categories.
- Double Up: finish in the top 50% of entrants and get paid double your buy-in.
- Head-to-Head: in these winner take all contests you’ll battle against a single opponent for all of the cash.
In the Victiv cashier, users can make deposits, withdrawals and view their transaction history. The site accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards along with PayPal. Victiv is unique in that it is the only DFS site to accept Bitcoin as a deposit option. Like most of its competitors, Victiv processes withdrawals either by PayPal or by check.
Victiv Sign-Up Bonus
Victiv currently offers users a 100% deposit bonus up to $1,000, making it one of the biggest in the industry. There is a catch, of course, in that the bonus clears at the painstakingly slow rate of 2% of your buy-in fees. The bonus is released in $.10 increments and unfortunately expires after 90 days.
- Web browser: the Victiv lobby is accessible through all major web browsers. The site does not currently offer a responsive design for mobile devices.
Where is Victiv Legal?
As per the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, Victiv is 100% legal in most of the United States. Due to the questionable legality of the industry in Arizona, Montana, Louisiana and Washington, Victiv does not offer real-money play to individuals physically inside those states.
- Victiv Loyalty Program & Rewards: Victiv’s loyalty program consists of 4 tiers, which offer increasingly attractive benefits for loyal users.
- Refer-a-Friend: get paid up to $20 for each user who signs up through your referral link.
Victiv presents a sleek and modern layout which is easily navigable and based on a flat-design aesthetic. The site’s tech savvy founders have made their mark on the business with a Bitcoin deposit option and the site’s proprietary roster-building algorithm, Victron. But as a brand-new site, Victiv is lacking in some departments like an app for iOS and Android, or even a browser-based mobile design. But as Victiv’s team diligently develops the product, we are sure to see more innovative features in the future.